Here’s a recipe for a deliciously dense breakfast cake full of Hot Cross Bun, Easter Smelling Goodness your whole family will love. Serve warm with extra fruit and yoghurt on the side.
- 3 Bananas
- 3 Eggs
- 3 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger, Nutmeg & Ground Cloves
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 1 Tsp Bicarb Soda
- 3 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats or Quinoa Flakes
- 3 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 2 Green Apples roughly diced
- 1 Cup Sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180*C
- Combine the bananas, eggs, coconut oil, spices & maple syrup all together for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Add Orange Juice, BiCarb, Oats, and Chia. Mix 20 seconds, Reverse, Speed 2.
- Then add the fruit for about another 20 seconds, reverse, speed soft until gently combined.
- Pour into a lined cake tin and bake fore approx 45 minutes until cooked through.
- Enjoy warmed or thawed from the freezer.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mash bananas.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add bananas, eggs, maple and orange juice to the dry ingredients and fold together.
- Pour into a lined cake tin and bake for 45 minutes until cooked through.